<
  News   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Photoshop CS Add Ons From Al Ward.
Monday November 15, 2004
by Al Ward

Al Ward has provided Imaging Revue with Phtoshop CS styles to download. These files are in a zip format and can be opened using both Stuffit and WinZip. For more information about Al please visit www.actionfx.com. Please stay tuned for a future discount for IR members to Al's site.

Profile FAQ And Instruction Manual
Sunday October 31, 2004
by IR Staff

We have compiled a new and up to date Profile FAQ. If you are ordering a printer profile, please make sure that you read the information contained here. Many of the questions you may have will be answered here. These articles are in PDF format.

Patching and Healing with Martin Evening.
Friday October 22, 2004
by Martin Evening

The third in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Healing Brush and Patch Tool. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

Nikon Scanning Workflow
Friday October 15, 2004
by Scott Martin

Scott Martin has deciphered Nikon's workflow technology and brings us this quick guide to achieving great scans. For more information on Scott and his work, please visit www.on-sight.com.

Image Adjustments with Martin Evening.
Friday October 8, 2004
by Martin Evening

The second in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Photo Filter and Color Temperature. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Scanners > Recommendation & Opinion > Nikon Coolscan 4000 Edge Sharpness?

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Nikon Coolscan 4000 Edge Sharpness?   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Lauren Grabelle
Posted on Mon Jun 9, 2003 8:48 PM

Hello,
I recently purchased the Nikon 4000 as my first scanner and am at the beginning of the learning curve. My goal is to be able to submit acceptable images (50-60 MB) to my stock agency in London. Currently I have to send originals for them to scan on an Imacon and
would obviously prefer to be able to avoid sending originals and create the files myself.

However I recently sent them a test scan from the 4000 for their approval and was told that the edges were not sharp enough. This is pretty obvious looking at the scan myself and originally thought it might have been a lack of sharpness in the chrome but i currently don't have the Imacon scan to compare it to, although they are sending it to me to review.

I've read some info on this problem and am hoping someone might be able to tell me if my goal of an image with edge to edge sharpness is a reality and how to get there with the 4000. I've also read Bruce Fraser's review on Creative Pro where he got acceptable sharpness so i'm hopeful.

I'm scanning mounted Kodachrome to 60MB.

Thanks in advance for any help. Imaging Revue is a welcome internet resource!

Best,
Lauren Grabelle
http://www.lgphoto.com

... this thread contains 6 more post(s).

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

February 2005
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
27 28          
March 2005
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    

Upcoming Events

PMA 2005
    2/20/05 at 8:00 AM to 2/23/05
BLACK and WHITE MASTERY with JOHN PAUL CAPONIGRO
    2/21/05 at 9:00 AM to 2/25/05

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright �2002-2004
Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service