News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Realworld Photoshop CS: Chapter 14
Monday February 16, 2004
by Bruce Fraser

Imaging Revue presents a sneak peak at this unreleased book with Chapter 14 in it's entirety. Enjoy "Building a Digital Workflow: Making Quick Work of Raw Images."

Digital Workflow for RAW Processing: Part II - Camera RAW
Monday February 9, 2004
by Jeff Schewe

The second in a five part series, Jeff demonstrates improved navigation through Camera Raw.

Digital Workflow for RAW Processing: Part I - File Browser
Friday January 30, 2004
by Jeff Schewe

The first in a five part series, Jeff Schewe demonstrates time saving techniques without compromising quality.

Proper Lighting Conditions

Thursday December 18, 2003
by GTI Graphic Technology, inc.

A lot of discussion on proper lighting and environmental conditions in the digital darkroom have been discussed. Here is a PDF from GTI, the makers of excellent light boxes. It does provide some information from the ISO 3664:2000 standard.

Weekly Chatter:Need for Correct Exposure in RAW
Wednesday November 26, 2003
by weekly chatter

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Color Management/WorkFlow > Hardware and Software > Calibrate Duel Monitor System?

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Calibrate Duel Monitor System?   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Paul Kramarchyk
Posted on Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:20 PM

Is it possible to calibrate and profile BOTH monitors on a duel monitor system?

I think not... at least not with ColorBlind's "ProveIt!" w/Chroma4 color sensor (latest version). The language used to describe the problem gets a little tangled. So let me give a short version of "the facts" as I believe them to be.

1) I think the root cause is you can't load two calibration files (one for each monitor) at the same time. But you CAN load one calibration file. Thus, ONE monitor looks good, while the other is using it's good-looking brother's calibration file and looks like crap.

2) I have PC/Win_XP system, 1G memory, CPU: AMD2000+

3) I have two 'identical' monitors (2 of these > Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u)

4) I have two video cards, one for each monitor

5) Yes - you can profile each monitor and write the profile file so it can be used by its respective monitor.

6) Yes - you can calibrate each monitor and write the calibration file for use by its respective monitor.

7) NO - you can not load two monitor calibration files at the same time. And thus run both monitors, each using its respective calibration settings. (see 1 above)

I think the problem is the limitations of ColorBlind's ProveIt software. (They've said as much.)

Does anyone out there run a two monitor system?
Are you able to CALIBRATE both monitors, AND operate with BOTH monitor using its calibration settings?

How do you do it? What calibration system/software do you use?

paul

... this thread contains expert advice from Katrin Eismann, Andrew Rodney and Jeff Schewe.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

February 2004
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
16 17
March 2004
S M T W T F S

10 11
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
28 29 30 31      

Upcoming Events

MAKE YOUR WORKflow (A D-65 event - led by IR expert Seth Resnick)
    2/22/04 at 9:00 AM to 2/28/04
Focus on Imaging
    2/22/04 at 9:00 AM to 2/25/04
The Fine Digital Print
    2/23/04 at 9:00 AM to 2/27/04
Photoshop World Conference and Expo
    3/1/04 at 12:00 AM to 3/3/04
Digital Printing for the Fine Art Photographer
    3/5/04 at 9:00 AM to 3/7/04

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service