<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Weekly Chatter:Feedback on the Epson 4000
Monday July 19, 2004
by Imaging Revue Experts and Staff

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

Weekly Chatter:Nikon 5000 experience???
Monday July 12, 2004
by Imaging Revue Experts and Staff.

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

8 Megapixel vs 6 Megapixel SLR Cameras
Wednesday July 7, 2004
by Peter K. Burian

Peter Burian compares 8 megapixel and 6 megapixel digital SLR cameras in his latest article.

Profile Maker 5.0
Monday June 28, 2004
by Bruce Fraser

Bruce Fraser gives us his expert critique of GretagMacbeth's professional color management suite - ProfileMaker 5.0.

Getting it Right: Correcting Skin Tones with Hue/Saturation
Wednesday June 9, 2004
by Jon Canfield

Jon Canfield shows us how to achieve accurate skin tones in Photoshop using Hue and Sat.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Site Related > Profile Support > Settings to Print Profile Target

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Settings to Print Profile Target   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Arnie Milowsky
Posted on Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:16 PM

Just want to make sure I get this right (the first time <g>)...
I use PS 7, Mac OS 9.x, and have an Epson 2200. I'll be printing the targets on Epson Premium Semigloss Photo paper.

My normal workflow for a photo in PS is to open image, and tag with Adobe RGB98. I manipulate the photo, and then before printing, I convert to the printer profile I use for that paper (i.e. SP2200 Premium Semigloss_PK). In the printer dialog box, the document space is Document: SP2200 Premium_PK and the Printer space is Same as Source. I then set the paper to Semigloss, and set mode to custom, and then under Advanced, set Color Management to No Color Adjustment.

The instructions with the profile targets say no management, so my understanding is that I should bring the targets into PS and leave them untagged. I make no manipulations other than to upsample to a resolution of 300 dpi (what I normally use). In the printer dialog box, the document space is Document: Untagged RGB, and the Printer space is Same as Source. I set the paper to Semigloss, and set mode to custom and under Advanced, set to No Color Adjustment.

To use the profile that I get back; after putting it in the ColorSync Profiles folder, I follow my normal workflow, except that I will convert to the profile that has been generated, and then proceed as before.

Hopefully, this is where you say...yes, I have it correct <g>

Thanks
Arnie

... this thread contains expert advice from Andrew Rodney.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

July 2004
S M T W T F S
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
16 17
28 29 30
August 2004
S M T W T F S
9 10 11 12 13 14
29 30 31        

Upcoming Events

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service