<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Weekly Chatter:Nikon 5000 experience???
Monday July 12, 2004
by By Imaging Revue Experts and Staff.

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

8 Megapixel vs 6 Megapixel SLR Cameras
Wednesday July 7, 2004
by Peter K. Burian

Peter Burian compares 8 megapixel and 6 megapixel digital SLR cameras in his latest article.

Profile Maker 5.0
Monday June 28, 2004
by Bruce Fraser

Bruce Fraser gives us his expert critique of GretagMacbeth's professional color management suite - ProfileMaker 5.0.

Getting it Right: Correcting Skin Tones with Hue/Saturation
Wednesday June 9, 2004
by Jon Canfield

Jon Canfield shows us how to achieve accurate skin tones in Photoshop using Hue and Sat.

Book Review: Color Confidence by Tim Grey
Monday May 24, 2004
by IR Staff

IR Staff reviews Tim Grey's new book Color Confidence. Included is an excerpt from the book, Chapter 3, which deals with choosing and calibrating Displays.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Printers > Fine Art/Photographic Printing > HELP! with IP 5.5

Please Login

AuthorSubject: HELP! with IP 5.5   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Martin M.
Posted on Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:48 PM

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR ANY SUGGESTIONS. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

First, let me note that the fact that I am posting this is profoundly ironic. When I purchased ImagePrint two days ago I asked John Pannozzo if there any forums where I could post questions regarding ImagePrint in case I had a problem over the weekend. He referred me to a forum on Yahoo and this one, and suggested that this one might be worth the price of admission given the higher level of technical expertise.

So here I am. And ImagePrint won't work. It doesn't print at all. And it is a Saturday with no tech support available. (Ironically, Epson supplies pretty good tech support on Saturdays. The Epson profiles might not be as good -- but their sofware at least works and they have tech support on Saturdays.)

I would also note that I've read comments on this forum about the "steep learning curve" and problems with IP. Had I only known about this forum first I might not have ever purchased a $500 software package to drive a $700 printer (Epson 2200).

Here is the error message that the IP spool is reporting:

sched: Jun 21 13:41:epson2200: Total time 1 seconds
sched: Jun 21 13:41:epson2200: Sat Jun 21 13:41:21 2003
sched: Jun 21 13:41:epson2200: Finished print job d-0.
sched: Jun 21 13:41:epson2200: Job r-0 finished with error # 163

According to the ImagePrint web site error 163 is related to the connection to the computer. Hogwash. The standard Epson driver prints just fine using the same connection. (John said ImagePrint could coexist with the standard Epson drivers.)

To try to resolve this problem, I changed to a different firewire output from my computer and a different firewire cord. The Epson driver prints fine with either firewire output and either cord -- ImagePrint works none of the time with either of the options.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ImagePrint and CAREFULLY followed all of the directions including local versus network and typing in the port address that the Epson drivers use.

Finally, here is what the properties boxes for the drivers say:

The regular Epson driver is using: EP1394D3_001 (firewire connection)

Imageprint or the "Epson 2200" is using: C:\Program Files\ImagePrint\Spool\printers\Epson2200

Any suggestions or help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

... this thread contains 3 more post(s).

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

July 2004
S M T W T F S
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
16 17
28 29 30
August 2004
S M T W T F S
9 10 11 12 13 14
29 30 31        

Upcoming Events

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service