<
  News   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Photoshop CS Add Ons From Al Ward.
Monday November 15, 2004
by Al Ward

Al Ward has provided Imaging Revue with Phtoshop CS styles to download. These files are in a zip format and can be opened using both Stuffit and WinZip. For more information about Al please visit www.actionfx.com. Please stay tuned for a future discount for IR members to Al's site.

Profile FAQ And Instruction Manual
Sunday October 31, 2004
by IR Staff

We have compiled a new and up to date Profile FAQ. If you are ordering a printer profile, please make sure that you read the information contained here. Many of the questions you may have will be answered here. These articles are in PDF format.

Patching and Healing with Martin Evening.
Friday October 22, 2004
by Martin Evening

The third in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Healing Brush and Patch Tool. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

Nikon Scanning Workflow
Friday October 15, 2004
by Scott Martin

Scott Martin has deciphered Nikon's workflow technology and brings us this quick guide to achieving great scans. For more information on Scott and his work, please visit www.on-sight.com.

Image Adjustments with Martin Evening.
Friday October 8, 2004
by Martin Evening

The second in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Photo Filter and Color Temperature. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Digital Capture > Gear > Imacon Ixpress 96

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Imacon Ixpress 96   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Chuck Jones
Posted on Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:23 PM

I happened to notice on the "News" section that Imacon has announced " Imacon announces special bundle promotion" with the Ixpress 96 and the Horseman Digiflex II bundled together at a special price. It goes on to state you should contact your Ixpress dealer for more information. Since I have been considering these two anyway, this promo could just push me over the edge, providing it is in practice more than just advertising hype. I really like the idea of a digital back and 35mm all in one unit that I can move between cameras depending upon the shoot. The 4x option for still life also has appeal. I also love the idea of 1,000 images without having to change cards. Frame rate also looks good, more than meeting my needs. The Digiflex II also uses Nikon F mount lenses, which I have more than an ample collection of at present. My other option seems to be bite the bullet, dump the Nikon mount all together, and buy into a Canon 1Ds with lenses at about the same cost, but with no good 4x5 solution.

Have any of you actually seen this combo in practice, and if so, what did you think? I've tried every method known to man to actually find a real live Ixpress dealer, but seems they are a very rare bird indeed. And, of course, Imacon does not list their dealers on their web site. A couple of the scanner dealers offered to "special order" one for me, with depost of course, but nobody I have found seems to really know anything about the product, let alone stock a demo unit, or can answer questions more detailed than what it costs. Call me chicken, but after my Kodak 14n experience of late, I am more than gunshy about putting down that much cash just to end up being somebody elses guinea pig, or worse yet, unpaid beta tester! This time around, I want to feel, hold, and shoot the darn thing for myself before I buy! And get actual feedback from others who have gone before me. Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

Warmest Regards,
Chuck Jones

... this thread contains expert advice from Anthony Cardinale.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

November 2004
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5
12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
December 2004
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Upcoming Events

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright �2002-2004
Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service