News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Photo Filters to the Rescue
Monday November 3, 2003
by Katrin Eismann

The Photoshop Diva takes an in depth look at the new Photoshop CS Photo Filters and shows how to use this new feature to improve your images.

Weekly Chatter:X-Rite DTP41
Tuesday October 28, 2003
by Weekly chatter

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

Photoshop CS CMS features.
Monday October 27, 2003
by Ian Lyons

Ian Lyons takes us on a tour of Photoshop's color settings and looks at the newer changes found in Photoshop CS. Along the way, learn all about color management in this PDF.

Weekly Chatter:RAW Preview Settings
Saturday October 25, 2003
by Imaging Revue Experts and Members

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

Photoshop CS New Document features.
Monday October 20, 2003
by Ian Lyons

Ian Lyons goes into much greater detail on the new features found in Photoshop CS's "New Document" dialog. So you thought there wasn't much to this command but wait until you see how Adobe has tweaked your options. Ian shows you all you need to know!

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Color Management/WorkFlow > Hardware and Software > Black Point Slider in ImagePrint 5.6

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Black Point Slider in ImagePrint 5.6   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Michael Ivanitsky
Posted on Sat Aug 9, 2003 6:02 PM

I have made fabulous color profiles for ImagePrint 5.5, using multiple papers, with outstanding accuracy, and even remarkably neutral grayscale (EyeOne and ProfileMaker Pro). Needless to say, this represents a considerable effort of time, and some investment of ink and paper. The prints are unbelievable, and I am never going back to the stock Epson 2200 driver again. (although this will be a painful expense when I upgrade to a 7600!)

I have subsequently upgraded to ImagePrint 5.6. The "Monitor Black Point Compensation" slider introduces some confusion as to reproducing my images in 5.6 vs. 5.5. What slider position corresponds to the "default" black point compensation of 5.5.

Also, with respect to making new profiles, I assume that the position of the slider is irrelevant when color management is bypassed/disabled in ImagePrint, but if this is an incorrect assumption, where should the slider be set?

Thanks,

Mike Ivanitsky

... this thread contains expert advice from Andrew Rodney and Bruce Fraser.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

November 2003
S M T W T F S

2 3 4 5 6 7
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
December 2003
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Upcoming Events

D-65 Digital Workshop - Miami
    11/8/03 to 11/15/03 - 5:00 PM

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service