News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Photo Filters to the Rescue
Monday November 3, 2003
by Katrin Eismann

The Photoshop Diva takes an in depth look at the new Photoshop CS Photo Filters and shows how to use this new feature to improve your images.

Weekly Chatter:X-Rite DTP41
Tuesday October 28, 2003
by Weekly chatter

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

Photoshop CS CMS features.
Monday October 27, 2003
by Ian Lyons

Ian Lyons takes us on a tour of Photoshop's color settings and looks at the newer changes found in Photoshop CS. Along the way, learn all about color management in this PDF.

Weekly Chatter:RAW Preview Settings
Saturday October 25, 2003
by Imaging Revue Experts and Members

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available within our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list!

Photoshop CS New Document features.
Monday October 20, 2003
by Ian Lyons

Ian Lyons goes into much greater detail on the new features found in Photoshop CS's "New Document" dialog. So you thought there wasn't much to this command but wait until you see how Adobe has tweaked your options. Ian shows you all you need to know!

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Scanners > Recommendation & Opinion > What are the best scanner settings for IT8 target scan?

Please Login

AuthorSubject: What are the best scanner settings for IT8 target scan?   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Geoffrey Byers
Posted on Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:02 PM

I am profiling an Epson Perfection 1240U. My question relates to the best color configuration settings to use. In the dialogue box I have the choice of either ‘color controls’ or ‘no color controls’. If I use no color controls, all exposure, gamma and levels adjustments are disabled. If I choose ‘color controls’ I can edit all these.

Which of these settings provides for the widest color gamut? Is it a similar case to Epson printers, where ‘no color controls’ gives the widest print color gamut? Or is it better with a scanner to ‘mess’ with the settings to optimize your IT8 target scan?

... this thread contains expert advice from Jeff Schewe.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

November 2003
S M T W T F S

2 3 4 5 6 7
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
December 2003
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Upcoming Events

D-65 Digital Workshop - Miami
    11/8/03 to 11/15/03 - 5:00 PM

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright ©2002-2003
Imaging Revue and Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service