<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Working with Pressure Sensitive Tablets
Monday May 3, 2004
by Katrin Eismann

Katrin Eismann outlines the use of pressure sensitive tablets in image processing.

Book Review: Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging(Updated)
Monday April 26, 2004
by IR Staff

IR Staff reviews Peter K. Burian's latest book, "Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging."

Digital Workflow for RAW Processing: Part IV - Batch
Thursday April 1, 2004
by Jeff Schewe

The fourth in a five part series, Jeff demonstrates the application of settings from one image to a series of images within Photoshop.

PDF Presentations
Thursday March 11, 2004
by John Paul Caponigro

John Paul Caponigro discusses an under-used feature of Photoshop. Allowing you to use the automate function to create universally viewable PDF slideshows!

Black and White Conversion
Monday March 8, 2004
by John Paul Caponigro

A outline of Black and White conversions as well as a free Photoshop Action.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Software > Inside Photoshop > File Browser Location

Please Login

AuthorSubject: File Browser Location   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Gervaise Davis
Posted on Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:27 PM

This issue may be unique to my hardware setup, but I am wondering if there is a solution since I would like to be able to see available files on my second monitor and work on them on the primary monitor. The problem is that the browser listing of RAW files is larger than the screen of the LCD and I cannot figure out how to reduce the size and still get it to show all them on the LCD, i.e. the thumbnails run off the screen to the right and I cannot seem to reduce the size of the screen or move them back with any slider.

Equipment - I am running PS7 on my custom PC with 2gb of DDRAM under Windows XP Pro and using a Sony Artisan 21 inch CRT as the primary monitor and a Viewsonic VP171b LCD as the secondary. The Sony is set to 1600 x 1200 and the LCD at 1280 x 1024 in 32 bit millions of colors.

Even if I reduce the CRT resolution to 1280 x 1024, when I open the File Browser in PS7 and tell it to extend the screen to the second monitor, what it does is display the thumbnails (beautifully, I might add) on the LCD, but it cuts off two or three other thumbs on the right down all the right columns. I can tell this because the numbering is off by two on the beginning left column of thumbs. Because the LCD display is showing too large a screen, there is no way to reduce the window size, because I cannot get to the edges and if I minimize the screen it has no place to correct this.

I have tried setting up the File BRowser size correctly on the primary screen, which it does fine, but when it is placed on the secondary LCD, it pops back in the wrong size. Very frustrating since no matter what ideas I have had, nothing seems to work. I have also tried reducing or increasing the size of the thumbs and dropping the file information column, but nothing works.

I realize I can just leave the FIle Browser on the CRT and select a photo and then when ACR is working on the RAW files, it will cover the thumbs, but this defeats the whole purpose of having a second monitor when I can compare all the other similar thumbs and also the LCD thumbs are far better to see on the LCD because it is so bright and clear.

If any of you gurus or other users have any ideas, please please let me know, as this is driving me nuts since I am sure there must be some solution.

- Gerry Davis

... this thread contains expert advice from Bruce Fraser.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

May 2004
S M T W T F S
2 3 4
9 10 11 12
24 25 26 27
30 31          
June 2004
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      

Upcoming Events

PhotoImaging and Design Exp
    5/5/04 at 9:00 AM to 5/7/04
Article - Tutorial
    5/7/04 at 5:00 PM
The ClearFocus Studio
    5/13/04 at 12:00 PM
Article - Tutorial
    5/14/04 at 5:00 PM
DIGITAL WORKFLOW, NOT WORKslow (A D-65 workshop led by IR expert Seth Resnick)
    5/16/04 at 9:00 AM to 5/22/04

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service