<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Working with Pressure Sensitive Tablets
Monday May 3, 2004
by Katrin Eismann

Katrin Eismann outlines the use of pressure sensitive tablets in image processing.

Book Review: Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging(Updated)
Monday April 26, 2004
by IR Staff

IR Staff reviews Peter K. Burian's latest book, "Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging."

Digital Workflow for RAW Processing: Part IV - Batch
Thursday April 1, 2004
by Jeff Schewe

The fourth in a five part series, Jeff demonstrates the application of settings from one image to a series of images within Photoshop.

PDF Presentations
Thursday March 11, 2004
by John Paul Caponigro

John Paul Caponigro discusses an under-used feature of Photoshop. Allowing you to use the automate function to create universally viewable PDF slideshows!

Black and White Conversion
Monday March 8, 2004
by John Paul Caponigro

A outline of Black and White conversions as well as a free Photoshop Action.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Software > Inside Photoshop > Batch actions, droplets and thumbnails

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Batch actions, droplets and thumbnails   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Paula Lerner
Posted on Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:55 PM

Greetings, all:

I shot an event recently on color neg film and when I had it processed I had generic jpegs scanned to a CD at the lab. They are not wonderful quality (they aren't even tagged with a color profile), but are good enough to make a web photo gallery for some friends. I also want to make a copy of the files to give to the friends.

But before any of this leaves my hands, I wanted to follow my standard operating procedure and mark them copyrighted (they are already batch registered with the C.O. :) and insert other information under file info.

I've been trying to make either an action to do this for batching or a droplet but it keeps getting hungup on the jpeg option screen. I have checked the boxes to override SAVE AS, but the action or droplet stops on the screen where you indicate what quality level jpeg you want to save it as. Interestingly, however, it does not get stuck on the SAVE AS screen prior to it.

The lab files do not have a real thumbnail attached (instead of a thumbnail of the image itself, it has one of those blue jpeg icons with a triangle, circle and square). When I run a different jpeg through the action that has a real thumbnail attached, the action and droplet work fine. It only gets stuck on those without the real thumbnail.

Is there a way around this, or is there something I'm missing here? I don't want to manually save 400+ files. Thanks in advance for any input.

Best,

Paula Lerner

PS: One other thing: are there any special resources out there just on creating actions and droplets? I spent a couple of long days making actions that among other things take my raw files from my D60 and convert them to low res jpegs for copyright registration. I got hung up a number of times as to whether or not to start with files open, and when to check which override buttons. I made a couple of different long-actioned droplets for different functions. In the end I managed to get them to work, but to be honest I'm not quite sure why some of them failed and some of them worked... Are there any info sheets out there? Thanks again.

... this thread contains expert advice from Seth Resnick.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

May 2004
S M T W T F S
2 3 4
9 10 11 12
24 25 26 27
30 31          
June 2004
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      

Upcoming Events

PhotoImaging and Design Exp
    5/5/04 at 9:00 AM to 5/7/04
Article - Tutorial
    5/7/04 at 5:00 PM
The ClearFocus Studio
    5/13/04 at 12:00 PM
Article - Tutorial
    5/14/04 at 5:00 PM
DIGITAL WORKFLOW, NOT WORKslow (A D-65 workshop led by IR expert Seth Resnick)
    5/16/04 at 9:00 AM to 5/22/04

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service