<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Weekly Chatter:Win XP Service Pack 2
Monday September 13, 2004
by Imaging Revue Experts and Staff

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available in our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list.

Unsharp Mask Demystified
Thursday September 9, 2004
by Ellen Anon

"Ask any number of digital photographers the settings they use in Photoshopís Unsharp Mask filter (USM) to sharpen their images and thatís the number of different responses you are likely to get. Because of this a significant number of people turn to plug-ins to do their sharpening for them. However once you understand the basic principles involved in using the USM it is fairly easy to make it work predictably and effectively."

Weekly Chatter:External hard drive recommends
Tuesday September 7, 2004

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available in our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list.

ImagePrint 6 Notes
Thursday September 2, 2004
by Mitch Alland

I am pleased to see that the new ImagePrint manual for v6 is a great improvement over earlier versions and is, in fact, excellent. The extensive Troubleshooting Guide section is a good addition. Also, as program installation has been simplified, I believe that most questions on IP problems that come up on online forums can now be answered by suggesting, in the best Unix tradition, that the user "look it up in the manual...." These notes are based on ImagePrint 6 build 1.08. If you are using a later build some of the issues and glitches discussed below may have been fixed, as ColorByte is aware of all of them.

Weekly Chatter:Canon i9900 Profile
Monday August 30, 2004

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Software > Applications and OS > Multimedia Software for Projection

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Multimedia Software for Projection   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Tim Ernst
Posted on Tue Oct 7, 2003 10:38 AM

I am still looking for some Mac software that will produce a slide show (photos) synced to music that will be output to a high-resolution digital projector (XGA - 1024 x 768) from a Powerbook hard drive. iMovie does almost exactly what I need, but it reduces the resolution of the photos to the standard digital video format, and will not keep them at 1024 x 768. I only need something easy and simple like iMovie but that will keep the photos at the higher resolution. It does not have to be a movie editor, because all I need are simple dissolves and fades, but it does need to be capable of having a musical soundtrack that the individual photos are synced to (Keynote canít do this) - not the same rate for each photo - and that can run by itself after starting. I donít mind using a high-end program if thatís what it takes - can anyone suggest a program that will work?

I will be outputing to a high-end XGA 1024 x 768 digital projector and large screen, using Eyeone Beamer to profile. I do not expect the image quality to quite match old-fashioned projected film, but hope to be able to at least produce the same, simple slide show synced to music that we've been able to do for a long time. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.