<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Profile Maker 5.0
Monday June 28, 2004
by Bruce Fraser

Bruce Fraser gives us his expert critique of GretagMacbeth's professional color management suite - ProfileMaker 5.0.

Getting it Right: Correcting Skin Tones with Hue/Saturation
Wednesday June 9, 2004
by Jon Canfield

Jon Canfield shows us how to achieve accurate skin tones in Photoshop using Hue and Sat.

Book Review: Color Confidence by Tim Grey
Monday May 24, 2004
by IR Staff

IR Staff reviews Tim Grey's new book Color Confidence. Included is an excerpt from the book, Chapter 3, which deals with choosing and calibrating Displays.

Creating Panoramas
Monday May 10, 2004
by Ellen Anon

Ellen Anon illustrates the creation of Panoramas in Photoshop.

Working with Pressure Sensitive Tablets
Monday May 3, 2004
by Katrin Eismann

Katrin Eismann outlines the use of pressure sensitive tablets in image processing.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Color Management/WorkFlow > Workflow > RGB>CMYK>RGB???

Please Login

AuthorSubject: RGB>CMYK>RGB???   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Steve Niedorf
Posted on Thu Oct 9, 2003 5:29 PM

I was wondering about this as an option for workflow...

I've got a job with a very short lead time. I'll be shooting and they'll be going to press about at the same time.

I’m shooting with a 1ds and their printer has been a bit unclear about their color management processes (no profiles, no calibration).

I was thinking that one way to proceed might be for me to work up the final image in RGB, then save that out and convert a copy to CMYK, and then do any additional work. I will then make my “proof” using a 2200, Matchprint paper (I’ve profiled with i1), and the IP rip using SWOP as a best guess for a profile.

Here comes the strange part, then I’d switch back the file to RGB. It seemed like the printer got a little huffy about their procedures it terms of submitting a CMYK to them. It might make things flow better to give them RGB.

I figure the big change happens you go to CMYK, I don’t know it going back will damage things.

Does this seem okay?

Thanks

(BTW: I’ve gotten a great education by being on line with IR, I've really appreciated everyone’s knowledge and patience)

Steve Niedorf

... this thread contains expert advice from Andrew Rodney.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

July 2004
S M T W T F S
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
16 17
28 29 30
August 2004
S M T W T F S
9 10 11 12 13 14
29 30 31        

Upcoming Events

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright ©2002-2003
Imaging Revue and Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service