<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Profile Maker 5.0
Monday June 28, 2004
by Bruce Fraser

Bruce Fraser gives us his expert critique of GretagMacbeth's professional color management suite - ProfileMaker 5.0.

Getting it Right: Correcting Skin Tones with Hue/Saturation
Wednesday June 9, 2004
by Jon Canfield

Jon Canfield shows us how to achieve accurate skin tones in Photoshop using Hue and Sat.

Book Review: Color Confidence by Tim Grey
Monday May 24, 2004
by IR Staff

IR Staff reviews Tim Grey's new book Color Confidence. Included is an excerpt from the book, Chapter 3, which deals with choosing and calibrating Displays.

Creating Panoramas
Monday May 10, 2004
by Ellen Anon

Ellen Anon illustrates the creation of Panoramas in Photoshop.

Working with Pressure Sensitive Tablets
Monday May 3, 2004
by Katrin Eismann

Katrin Eismann outlines the use of pressure sensitive tablets in image processing.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Printers > Pre-press and halftone output > ProofMaster rips

Please Login

AuthorSubject: ProofMaster rips   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Jeff Smith
Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:41 PM

I stumbled across some information on the ProofMaster rips - is anyone out thee familiar with them. I'm looking into rips for proofing page layout proofs to our Epson 5000 (currently) and to the Epson 4000 I hope to replace it with.

We've been using (please keep any chuckles down to a minimum) Adobe PressReady since it was released. Even though this product had probably the shortest lifespan of any software product ever released, it has been working flawlessly (mostly) in our studios, and outputting proofs from PageMaker and now Indesign (not quite so flawlessly) on a daily basis.

I need to migrate to OSX, however, and this ancient technology isn't going to get me there (neither PressReady or the Epson 5000). Since we are moving both the design studio and the commercial photo studio to new digs at the end of this month, the time is ripe to get current.

Whatever system we come up with needs to be able to handle five design/production workstations networked, spitting out CMYK files for client proofing, and also allow for proofing RGB from the commercial studio either through the rip or going around the rip and using the native Epson driver instead.

We're not looking to generate contract proofs here, the studio proofs RGB to an aimprint for release to the prepress house, and the design side proofs to a preliminary proof using the corrected files from the prepress house. Our goal is to mosey up real close to the contract proofs generated by the prepress house. We work closely with two prepress houses here in Seattle, and have very good working relationships with both.

So far, PressReady has actually been surprisingly close to the final contract proofs in most cases.

Any suggestions?

... this thread contains expert advice from Andrew Rodney.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

July 2004
S M T W T F S
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
16 17
28 29 30
August 2004
S M T W T F S
9 10 11 12 13 14
29 30 31        

Upcoming Events

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service