<
  News     DIFP   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Creating Panoramas
Monday May 10, 2004
by Ellen Anon

Ellen Anon illustrates the creation of Panoramas in Photoshop.

Working with Pressure Sensitive Tablets
Monday May 3, 2004
by Katrin Eismann

Katrin Eismann outlines the use of pressure sensitive tablets in image processing.

Book Review: Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging(Updated)
Monday April 26, 2004
by IR Staff

IR Staff reviews Peter K. Burian's latest book, "Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging."

Digital Workflow for RAW Processing: Part IV - Batch
Thursday April 1, 2004
by Jeff Schewe

The fourth in a five part series, Jeff demonstrates the application of settings from one image to a series of images within Photoshop.

PDF Presentations
Thursday March 11, 2004
by John Paul Caponigro

John Paul Caponigro discusses an under-used feature of Photoshop. Allowing you to use the automate function to create universally viewable PDF slideshows!

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Software > Inside Photoshop > CS and multiple machines

Please Login

AuthorSubject: CS and multiple machines   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Paula Lerner
Posted on Fri Nov 7, 2003 10:25 AM

I got back from the Photo Expo in NYC to find my new PS upgrade to CS waiting for me. I just took it out of the box and was about to install it when the following occurred to me.

My main computer is an ancient (in computer years) G4 tower, with a 350 MHz processor. It takes a loooong time to process raw files. I am planning on upgrading the computer to a G5 sometime in the not too distant future. Given all the money I've sunk into digital cameras and computers this year already, whether it will be before or after 1/1/04 will depend on the outcome of a consult with my accountant.

I have read on various forums that PS CS is now limited to installation on a max of two machines, a main computer and a laptop. This works for me, as I don't want it on more than this. So my question is: is it a problem to install it on my current and aging main box and laptop, and then to install it again on my new main box when I upgrade to a G5? I imagine its possible but want to avoid any unnecessary calls to tech support to make this happen smoothly.

I don't know if the 2 machine limit applies only to PCs or if it also includes macs. I am more than willing to abide by the spirit of the agreement and not use it on more than the two machines I need, but want to avoid any hassles on this score when upgrading the computer. I don't want to wait to install CS, but maybe I'd hurry up and get the G5 a bit sooner if it would make a difference here.

Thanks for any input.

Paula Lerner

... this thread contains expert advice from Andrew Rodney and Jeff Schewe.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

May 2004
S M T W T F S
2 3 4
11 12
14 15
24 25 26 27
30 31          
June 2004
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      

Upcoming Events

The ClearFocus Studio
    5/13/04 at 12:00 PM
DIGITAL WORKFLOW, NOT WORKslow (A D-65 workshop led by IR expert Seth Resnick)
    5/16/04 at 9:00 AM to 5/22/04
Article - Tutorial
    5/17/04 at 5:00 PM
Photo Imaging World 2004
    5/21/04 at 9:00 AM to 5/23/04
Article - Tutorial
    5/21/04 at 5:00 PM

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

customer.support@ imagingrevue.com
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service