<
  News   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Profile FAQ And Instruction Manual
Sunday October 31, 2004
by IR Staff

We have compiled a new and up to date Profile FAQ. If you are ordering a printer profile, please make sure that you read the information contained here. Many of the questions you may have will be answered here. These articles are in PDF format.

Patching and Healing with Martin Evening.
Friday October 22, 2004
by Martin Evening

The third in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Healing Brush and Patch Tool. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

Nikon Scanning Workflow
Friday October 15, 2004
by Scott Martin

Scott Martin has deciphered Nikon's workflow technology and brings us this quick guide to achieving great scans. For more information on Scott and his work, please visit www.on-sight.com.

Image Adjustments with Martin Evening.
Friday October 8, 2004
by Martin Evening

The second in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Photo Filter and Color Temperature. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

Weekly Chatter:Monitor Recommendation
Wednesday October 6, 2004
by Imaging Revue Experts and Staff

Each and every week, Imaging Revue offers non-members a tantalizing taste of the information available in our forums. Make sure to check out the entire list. This thread contains some great information regarding the Sony Artisan and also touches on the LCD vs. CRT debate. If you are having some trouble with Artisan calibration, there are some helpful comments here. Jon Kulas

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Printers > Fine Art/Photographic Printing > 2200 prints dark and with cast

Please Login

AuthorSubject: 2200 prints dark and with cast   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Joseph Sawicki
Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:49 PM

So I did the classic mistake. I changed two things at the same time and now I can't figure out what is going on.

With the price drop on the Colorvision Spyder, I finally picked one up after having relied on Adobe Gamma previously. I installed it, removed the Adobe Gamma stuff from the startup menu, and ran the calibration. Other than being surprised by the request to reduce contrast at the end to reduce luminesence (to 86), everything went fine. When I went into Adobe Photoshop (CS) and looked at a few images, I didn't notice any major changes, but then again, I wasn't having any major problems before so this wasn't surprising.

I then thought to myself (there's my first mistake) that I should switch over to usign the "print with preview" method, from what I was doing before which was to use printer management and select my paper from the Epson printer driver. Of course I then thought further (mistake 2) that I should update the driver at the same time so I'd get used to the new method all at once.

I then went into "print with preview" and set source space to document, print space to my premium luster profile from the Epson PIM pack, chose relative colormetric and black pint compensation, and clicked print. On the printer driver I went into the properties and chose Photo, advanced, ICM managmenet, and no color management from the printer, and pop off the print button. Outcome: a fairly heavy Red or (mayby a bit Magenta) cast.

To try to debug, I went back into "print with preview" and chose printer color management to go back to using the printer drive to color manage. When I did that I got a very heavy yellow cast as well as a very dark print.

Since then I've tried to reinstall the printer driver from my CD in order to go back to the old driver, but it seems to see the new driver and leave it there.

I can't imagine I've put enough information here in order for anyone to have advice, but you never know.

Oh yea, my color settings are RGB: Adobe, Converstion Options--Engine Adobe(ACE), Intent: Perceptual.

I'm going to go off and try to pull the cast off in the driver, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

... this thread contains 5 more post(s).

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

November 2004
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5
12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
December 2004
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Upcoming Events

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright �2002-2004
Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service