<
  News   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Photoshop CS Add Ons From Al Ward.
Monday November 15, 2004
by Al Ward

Al Ward has provided Imaging Revue with Phtoshop CS styles to download. These files are in a zip format and can be opened using both Stuffit and WinZip. For more information about Al please visit www.actionfx.com. Please stay tuned for a future discount for IR members to Al's site.

Profile FAQ And Instruction Manual
Sunday October 31, 2004
by IR Staff

We have compiled a new and up to date Profile FAQ. If you are ordering a printer profile, please make sure that you read the information contained here. Many of the questions you may have will be answered here. These articles are in PDF format.

Patching and Healing with Martin Evening.
Friday October 22, 2004
by Martin Evening

The third in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Healing Brush and Patch Tool. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

Nikon Scanning Workflow
Friday October 15, 2004
by Scott Martin

Scott Martin has deciphered Nikon's workflow technology and brings us this quick guide to achieving great scans. For more information on Scott and his work, please visit www.on-sight.com.

Image Adjustments with Martin Evening.
Friday October 8, 2004
by Martin Evening

The second in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Photo Filter and Color Temperature. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Software > Inside Photoshop > Installing Color Setting File (CSF)

Please Login

AuthorSubject: Installing Color Setting File (CSF)   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Paula Lerner
Posted on Tue May 11, 2004 10:40 AM

Hi all:

I am in the middle of finalizing an ad for a sourcebook, and one of the images I'm using is a digital file shot from a digital camera. In order to tweak the final CMYK file before delivery, I downloaded the printer's color settings file (CSF) from Black Book's web site, as per their instructions. The installation instructions they had, however, seem to be only applicable for OS 9, not OS X which I'm currently using. Black Book's instructions say after the CSF is downloaded, go to System > ColorSync Profile and drag the CSF file into this folder. Their printer is in Italy and the file is <mondaori 370 uca30.csf>.

To find the ColorSync folder in OS X, I went to to Hard Disk > System > Library > ColorSync > Profiles. I noticed that the items in there were not .csf files, but were rather (mostly generic) .icc profiles. I figured I must be trying to put this profile in the wrong place, but don't know where to go to look for the right one. I did drag the file into this folder, but it doesn't show up as an option when choosing a CMYK setting in CS Color Settings.

So my question: in order to load the printer's flavor of CMYK and access it in CS, where do I go in OS X (or in Photoshop) to upload this thing properly? All I want to do is softproof my file so that I can check what the color is supposed to look like when this printer deals with it. I need to output an Iris print as a guide so they know what I want the color to look like.

Many thanks for any input.

Best,

Paula Lerner

... this thread contains expert advice from Scott Martin.

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

January 2005
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
February 2005
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
27 28          

Upcoming Events

PMA 2005
    2/20/05 at 8:00 AM to 2/23/05
BLACK and WHITE MASTERY with JOHN PAUL CAPONIGRO
    2/21/05 at 9:00 AM to 2/25/05

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright �2002-2004
Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service