<
  News   Benefits Profiles Account  

articles

Photoshop CS Add Ons From Al Ward.
Monday November 15, 2004
by Al Ward

Al Ward has provided Imaging Revue with Phtoshop CS styles to download. These files are in a zip format and can be opened using both Stuffit and WinZip. For more information about Al please visit www.actionfx.com. Please stay tuned for a future discount for IR members to Al's site.

Profile FAQ And Instruction Manual
Sunday October 31, 2004
by IR Staff

We have compiled a new and up to date Profile FAQ. If you are ordering a printer profile, please make sure that you read the information contained here. Many of the questions you may have will be answered here. These articles are in PDF format.

Patching and Healing with Martin Evening.
Friday October 22, 2004
by Martin Evening

The third in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Healing Brush and Patch Tool. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

Nikon Scanning Workflow
Friday October 15, 2004
by Scott Martin

Scott Martin has deciphered Nikon's workflow technology and brings us this quick guide to achieving great scans. For more information on Scott and his work, please visit www.on-sight.com.

Image Adjustments with Martin Evening.
Friday October 8, 2004
by Martin Evening

The second in a series of tutorials, Martin discusses the Photo Filter and Color Temperature. Martin's video tutorial accompanies this PDF and can be uncompressed using WinZip or the Stuffit expander. Published with permission of Focal Press Publishers, a division of Elsevier. Copyright 2004. For more information about this book and other Focal Press titles, please visit www.focalpress.com.

...see more articles(many more!)

forums

Software > Inside Photoshop > File Browser, cache and changing folder names

Please Login

AuthorSubject: File Browser, cache and changing folder names   [Go to Bottom of Page]
Paula Lerner
Posted on Thu May 27, 2004 3:16 PM

I started a sizable book project recently and shot 3 days worth of files for the first installment. When I downloaded the first batch of files, I wasn't careful about how I named the original first folder I downloaded to, and now would like to change the name so that it fits with my naming and bookkeeping conventions that I've established.

I downloaded the raw files into two main sub folders, the first with the first two days of the shoot, the second with the last day of the shoot. When I opened each subfolder in the CS file browser, I cached them and then exported the cache. I color corrected, flagged, and rotated hundreds of files in each folder, and made my web page from the browser to show the client. So far so good.

Late last night I renamed the external main folder while it was sitting on my desktop, forgetting that doing this would make my flags, rotations and thumbnail color corrections disappear. Aaarggghh. I realized my mistake this afternoon and changed the name of the folder back to what it was (it took me several tries to remember it exactly, I was relieved that I finally got it!). Fortunately, all my flags, rotations and color corrections returned intact.

Now I still want to rename the folder so I can store the files in my system correctly. I tried to rename the outer folder from the browser (as opposed to my desk top). But when I do the flagging etc. data still disappears. How can I rename the outer folder without messing this data up? I back up my files on external hard drive that gets accessed by another computer, so I need to keep the data orderly so as not to lose the flags, rotations and cc's in the copies or when copied to other computers altogether.

I had a problem with this some weeks ago, and some of you helpfully enabled me to figure out what had happened to the files when the flags etc. disappeared. If anyone could outline a clear caching workflow, and how I can rename the folders without losing this data, I would be grateful. Keeping the xmp sidecars, the cache and its connected data straight has been a big snafu for me in recent weeks and cost me much lost work time. (Adobe, are you listening?) In addition, if anyone could explain exactly what is happening when I click on "build cache for subfolders" and then "export cache", I would also be appreciative. There isn't much helpful info in the PS CS manual on this.

Best,

Paula Lerner

... this thread contains 31 more post(s).

sign-up now

Imagine being able to ask any one of TEN of the leading industry experts in the digital imaging field any question for just pennies a day...well stop imagining and sign-up now! member login

Login with an existing account.
E-mail:
Password:

Forgot your password?
CLICK HERE

calendar

January 2005
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
February 2005
S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
27 28          

Upcoming Events

PMA 2005
    2/20/05 at 8:00 AM to 2/23/05
BLACK and WHITE MASTERY with JOHN PAUL CAPONIGRO
    2/21/05 at 9:00 AM to 2/25/05

...see more upcoming events

imagingrevue Members receive special discounts on most events listed in calendar

Copyright �2002-2004
Virtuaserve Inc. Online Media Division
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service